Click here to take an online survey and give us your thoughts about these two design concepts!
Champlain St. Park – Design Review
Thanks to everyone that attended the Virtual Meeting on May 3rd or that we spoke to at a local NPA meeting! We received some great initial input on our two design concepts. For everyone that couldn’t join us, we’d like to unveil our two conceptual designs for Champlain St. Park.
After you’ve had a chance to review, please click here to take an online survey!
Implementing low hanging fruit in June of 2022:
- Ash Trees were removed from the West Side of the Park due to the anticipated impact of Emerald Ash Borer.
- Removing brush and vines around the Park:
- May 7th, 2022, Community members organized a Green-Up day work event to remove brush from the surrounding fences and clean up and replant the garden beds.
NPA Tour and Parks Commission Presentations
Following the May Design Review, a shorter design presentation was given to adjacent NPAs and our City Parks commission to get additional feedback:
- 5/5/22 @ 6:40 PM; Ward 6 NPA
- 5/10/22; Parks Commission Meeting
- 5/12/22; Wards 2/3 NPA
- 5/19/22 @ 7:40 PM; Ward 5 NPA
May Design Review
After expanding our outreach in collaboration with AALV, BPRW’s planning staff has worked on refining design concepts for Champlain St. Park’s redesign based on a wide-ranging collection of feedback. The concepts will be available for review through a presentation at a virtual public meeting on May 3, 2022. In the meantime, staff will begin taking proactive steps towards the removal of overgrown or dying vegetation, fixing broken fencing, and generally sprucing up the park while the final design comes together.
We look forward to sharing the next phase with the public. Please join us virtually via Zoom on May 3rd for a presentation of the concepts and to help shape the design and prioritize improvements to the Park.
When: May 3, 2022 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada
Sept 2021 Update
After more than a year-long hiatus, the visioning and design process for Champlain St. Park is officially restarting!
Due to the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic in March of 2020, the outreach and design development for Champlain Street Park were placed on hold due to City-wide budget and staffing reprioritization. We are looking forward to getting this project back underway, starting with a return to Outreach and Community Engagement this fall and reopening our online survey.
BPRW Staff will also be attending relevant NPA meetings for nearby Wards. See below for the anticipated timeline for this project.
Revised Project Schedule
- 1/29/2020 – Visioning Meeting – King St. Youth Center
- 2/28/2020 – Public meeting IN the park
- 3/4/2020 – Online survey opens
- March of 2020 – Outreach and Design paused
- 9/28/2021 – Re-Initiating Outreach
- Planned Presentation to NPAs (get meeting details online):
- 9/28 Presentation and Outreach to CEDO Trusted Community Voices Program
- 9/28/2021 – Online Survey reopened
- October 2021 – Phone, digital, and In-person Outreach to Park Neighbors and adjacent property owners
- Winter 2021 – Project Design and Planning. Will include additional public input on any design options or alternatives.
- Spring/Summer 2021 – Project Implementation