NOTE: Applications Are Now Accepted ON-LINE!
If you have any questions about posted jobs, need additional accessibility information or require alternative formats, please contact Burlington’s Department of Human Resources or call (802) 865-7145.
We currently have several open positions! Click the job links below to learn more and apply online.
Salary: $13.00 – $15.83 Hourly
Job Type: Seasonal
Will be responsible for leading youth basketball clinics, grades 1-6 at the Miller Center, with the assistance of volunteer coaches. Must be available on Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm, from December 5 – February 13.
- This position provides general and recurring indoor and outdoor custodial work, at times using mechanical equipment. Also performs routine maintenance, building security, and event set-up/take-down duties for city-owned public buildings.
Salary: $11.50 – $16.00 Hourly
- Will be required to ride the bus to and from Bolton Valley Ski Resort with participants to provide supervision during transportation and at the mountain/clubhouse. Counselors will be assigned to either the Hunt or Edmunds bus and will be responsible for overseeing the program that takes place at Bolton Valley Resort. Position will work five to seven hours per week on Friday evenings.
Dates of 2020/2021 program: DEC 11, DEC 18, JAN 8, JAN 15, JAN 22, JAN 29, FEB 5, FEB 12, FEB 19, MAR 5, MAR 12, MAR 19.
- Recreation Program Instructors work in cooperation with Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront staff to help facilitate recreation classes, camps, & special events. Recreation Program Instructors are responsible for designing lesson plans, teaching, providing materials & supplies, managing students and facilities during class time. Recreation Program Instructors will be assigned to Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront community centers and teaching in specific community center spaces and classrooms.
- Positions are 5-20 hours per week.
Class Instructors at the new O.N.E. Community Center
RATE OF PAY: Negotiable
If you are interested in teaching or would like to propose a class at the new O.N.E Community Center at St. Joseph’s School, 20 Allen Street in Burlington, please contact Sarah Carter, via email or phone 802-316-1510.
Classes can be 1-2 hours any time from 10:00-4:00 Monday through Friday in 10-12 week sessions.
We’re hoping to offer programs for any of these topics:
- Knitting -Instruction for beginning knitters
- Crocheting -Instruction for beginning crocheting
- Drawing -Looking for instruction in beginning to intermediate sketching. Pastels instruction.
- Sewing -Instruction for beginning sewers
- Weaving -Instructor for beginning basket weaving & Fiber arts weaving
- Comic club -Instructor to work with Seniors how to present comic sketches, jokes, tell their life stories that they find humorous.