Each location may have specific rules & regulations, so please check posted signs for that area. Some general rules are listed below. For complete details please click here to access all the City Ordinances of Burlington.
Please take care of our parks
- Don’t pick any flowers, fruit or foliage, or mutilate or injure any plants or structures in any of the city parks.
- Don’t litter
- Don’t bring glass bottles into parks (except while camping at North Beach)
- Don’t camp anywhere, except at North Beach Campground
- Don’t set off any fireworks
- Don’t bring firearms into the parks
- Don’t light open fires
- Don’t allow dogs to run loose, except in designated dog park areas
- Don’t smoke in any playgrounds, shelters, beaches, bleachers or athletic fields
- Don’t bring dogs onto public beaches in Oakledge Park, North Beach or Leddy Beach
Permits may be required
A park special use permit is required if one or more of the following conditions exist
- A group of individuals of twenty (20) or more wish to use a park area or facility.
- Reservation and exclusive use of a park area or facility for a specific time and date or on a continued scheduled basis
- Use of park area or facility for an event open to the public
- Use of park area or facility for commercial or fund-raising purposes
- Sports tournaments or events where individuals or teams are charged a fee to participate or spectate
- Use of park area for entertainers where donations or fees may or may not be solicited
Dog Park Rules
Open Dawn to Dusk
Rules for Humans:
- Enjoy your time in the dog park. Show respect for everyone & be a good neighbor.
- You are responsible for your dog(s)
- Help keep this area clean and pick up after your dog. Place trash in bins and don’t litter.
- All dogs, and children under 12 years old, must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Limit of three (3) dogs per owner.
- It’s best to have your dog visibly licensed and vaccinated according to law.
- This area is for dog exercise only.
- Please leave food & dog treats at home.
- Dogs must be under voice control. Please have a leash in possession at all times.
- Please don’t allow dogs to dig, unless there is a designated area. Fill in any holes they make.
- No large dogs in small dog area.
- No vicious/aggressive dogs or female dogs in heat allowed.
- No glass or smoking in the park.
- ALL dog bites must be promptly reported to Burlington Police Department: (802)658-2704. Emergency Call 911.
Rules for Dogs:
- Please limit barking. No digging. Play nice. Woof!
Open Dawn to Dusk
- Skateboarding, biking and inline skating can result in serious injury: broken bones, paralysis, brain damage or even death. Skate at your own risk.
- Help protect the surface; Scooters and BMX’s MUST have bar ends and bikes need plastic pegs or have none at all.
Helmets, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards are strongly recommended.
- Skate to your abilities.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s safety and for ensuring that their children comply with park rules.
- No motorized vehicles.
- Help keep skateparks clean! Use the trash containers and don’t litter.
- Show respect for your fellow skaters and people who are watching. No threatening, abusive or offensive language.
- Personal ramps, rails or other apparatus are prohibited.
- If the skateparks are wet, icy or covered with snow, or if there is debris, litter or other obstacles on the surface, don’t skate.
- HAVE FUN! Stay safe.