North Beach Campground
Open Seasonally (May-mid Oct) Check-in 2pm - 9pm.
- BBQ Grill
- Fire Ring
- Picnic Table
About North Beach Campground
Nestled on the shores of beautiful Lake Champlain, in almost 45 acres of woods and beach, lies one of Burlington’s hidden treasures — North Beach Campground — an urban campground with a decidedly rural character. There are 137 great sites to either pitch your tent or park your RV or trailer. With its premier municipal natural sand beach, shaded campsites and picnic grounds, North Beach offers an incomparable camping experience for any individuals wishing to camp in Vermont. The campground is open May 1 – October 15.
Book Your Stay
Online reservations can be made starting February 7, 2020 at 10:00am.
Phone & in-person reservations can start May 1st, 2020 when the Campground opens and office staff returns.
The new reservation portal is mobile-friendly!
A credit card must be used to secure a reservation (Visa/MC, AmEx). We require full payment at the time of your reservation. See the reservation page for cancellation/refund policies.
If you have any questions, please call the Campground Office at 802-862-0942.
Email us at NBCampground@burlingtonvt.gov
Rates & Amenities
Full Hook-up $45 per night
Water Electric $41 per night
Tent Sites $37 per night
Lean-to $45 per night
Organization Site $100 full day/$50 half day
- 69 tent sites
- 29 full hookup RV sites
- 39 water & electric hookup trailer sites
- Bathroom and hot shower facilities
- Spacious activity areas & childrens’ playground at beach
- Picnic tables & campfires at all sites
- Expansive, sunny beach with lifeguards
- Picnic areas feature grills and tables
- Direct access to 9 miles of bike path
- Snack bar on the beach
- Pets welcome, but must always be attended
- Purchase of wood & Ice available onsite
- Free Wi-Fi is made available by Burlington Telecom
Rules & Regulations
Welcome to Burlington’s North Beach Campground. On our sandy beach you will find a snack bar, picnic tables, playground, pavilion, and entrances to our bike path. To ensure that all campers have a safe, satisfying, & pleasant camping experience we have a list of rules that must be followed.
- Have fun.
- Minimum age to rent a campsite is 18 years old.
- Occupancy of a campsite shall not exceed 14 days after which you will be required to leave the campground for a minimum of 7 days before you can camp again.
- The maximum number of adult occupants is as follows: 4 adults per tent site, 6 adults per water and electric site, 8 adults per full hookup site. Note: we do not count kids in these numbers.
- One person from the camping party must register with the campground office before entering the campground. When registering you must have the number of people staying on your site, campers license plate number, vehicle license plate number, & your registration number.
- The campsite must be occupied within 24 hours of the reservation date or the reservation will be forfeit.
- Each site is allowed a maximum of 1 vehicle. Any visitors should register their vehicles and park in designated overflow parking areas.
- There can be two camping units per site. Examples: on a water and electric site you can have a camper and a tent. On a tent site you can have the tent you booked with the site and an extra tent. The cost for and extra tent is $5.00 per night.
- Registered campers should show their camping passes at the gate when re-entering the campground on foot or in a vehicle.
- Visitors will not be permitted after 2200. The beach will close at 2100 every night.
- Children under the age of 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult when using the restroom and shower facilities.
- It is the responsibility of the camper to keep their site neat and clean. All recycling and garbage must be put into the proper containers. Washing dishes is prohibited in the restroom sinks.
- Pets are welcome, but must be under the control of the owner at all times. At no time should the pets be left alone on campsites. Pets must be kept on a 6 foot leash. Owners MUST clean up after their own pets.
- Campground quiet hours begin at 2300 and last until 0700.
- Open consumption of alcohol is prohibited after 0000, per city ordinance.
- Check in time is 1400, if your site is empty and has been cleaned then you are welcome to check in early. Check out time is 1200. If you want to stay later and your site has no incoming reservations then you may extend until 1800 for a price of $15.00.
- No items may be affixed or attached to trees within the park.
- You are not allowed to bring wood onto the property; if you do it will be confiscated and destroyed. The reason for this is to keep invasive species from destroying our city trees. Wood and ice may be purchased at the campground office.
- All rules and regulations are enforced by Waterfront Security and The Burlington Police Department.
- Campground reservations are issued as defined in the CODE OF ORDINANCES of the City of Burlington Parks and Recreation Department, Appendix D, Section I(E), (6) & (7).
Security Phone Number 802-316-6613