About Our Cemeteries
The City of Burlington manages three cemeteries: Lakeview, Greenmount, and Elmwood.
The Cemetery Division office is located at Lakeview Cemetery. Although the office is not staffed each day, there are employees on the cemetery grounds from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Monday thru Friday. Staff may also be on site on Saturdays if a burial is scheduled. Cemetery staff may be reached at (802) 863-2075.
Please note: Pets are NOT permitted in the Cemeteries. We have several dog parks to enjoy and dogs are allowed in our city parks but they must be leashed at all times. Dogs are prohibited from designated beaches and picnic areas. Owners are always responsible for cleaning up after their pets!
Contact & Office Hours
Our Cemetery Assistant, Holli, splits her time between the Lakeview Cemetery office and the Clerk’s office in City Hall.
Email: Holli Bushnell
(802) 863-2075 — Lakeview Office M-F 8:00A – 11:00A
(802) 865-7000 — City Hall M-F 12:00PM – 4:00P
M-F 8:00A – 11:00A
at Lakeview Cemetery
455 North Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401
About the Cemetery Commission
Upcoming Cemetery Commission Meetings are scheduled at the end of each meeting, according to specific needs and timelines, and noted in each meeting’s minutes.
For more information, including meeting minutes, commission members, and upcoming meeting schedules, please visit the City’s Cemetery Commission Page.
Friends of Lakeview Cemetery
The Friends of Lakeview Cemetery have completed several restoration projects thanks to a dedicated group of volunteers. These projects include:
- Restoration of the Louisa Howard Chapel. This magnificent structure is now fully restored and open to the public.
- Replacement of the wooden gazebo that has provided sanctuary for cemetery visitors for decades. This structure had suffered significant deterioration due to its prolonged exposure to the elements but an accurate reproduction has replaced the original structure.
- Renovation of the historic fountain built in the mid-1800’s. A replica fountain was recently installed thanks to the Friends fundraising efforts.
To learn more about the projects or to make a donation, please contact Jane Ewing, President, Friends of Lakeview Cemetery at 864-4424.