Robert Miller Community and Recreation Center
- Indoor Basketball
- Indoor Soccer
- Room Rentals
Pickleball is returning to the Miller Center in February! In order to comply with State COVID guidelines, and to keep our players and staff safe, we will be offering sessions as follows:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays – 4 sessions per day: 11-11:45a, 12-12:45pm, 1-1:45pm & 2-2:45pm.
- Open to singles play, or doubles if both team members are from the same household.
- No “round robin” play – each 45 minute session will be for one match only on each court.
- Registration for play must be made at least 24 hours in advance. If you sign up for a slot and do not show up, you will still be charged for that session.
- Payment by punch card only – please call 864-0123 to purchase a punch card.
- All Miller guidelines (see below) apply.
- Sessions may be cancelled due to low enrollment or if State guidelines change.
- Register for sessions here: https://secure.rec1.com/VT/burlington-vt/catalog
As of December 31st we are discontinuing the discounted family gym rentals.
With the reinstatement of recreation programs, we’re using our spaces for regularly scheduled programs.
Call 864-0123 with any questions.
The Miller Recreation Center Closed to Group Activities
The Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront Department will be following all Recreational Sports restrictions implemented by Governor Scott’s most recent COVID-19 mandate. We have suspended much of our current Recreational Sports Programming and closing our City Recreation Facilities to outside groups renting gymnasium and ice time. We will be awaiting guidance from the Governor’s Office regarding a timeline for restarting Recreational Sports programming and for reopening our facilities to the public for Recreational Sports use. We are not canceling or suspending registrations for Recreational Sports Programs we are offering later this winter. We are committed to participant safety. The health of our community and participants must come first during these difficult times.
For more information contact the Miller Center at 802.540.1058 directly.
Additional Information about the Miller Community and Recreation Center
About the Miller Center
The Miller Center, opened in 2008, offers programs for a variety of ages and interests, as well as space for community uses including meetings, workshops, conferences, parties, athletic events and much more! The Miller Center is also home to Frog & Toad Childcare & Learning Center and the Sara Holbrook Center’s New North End Youth Center. The Miller Center offers free Wi-Fi through Burlington Telecom and plenty of free parking.
The Miller Center offers a variety of programs for all ages and interest – from exercise and dance to sign language and art. We welcome suggestions for new programs as well!
For more details about current programs available for registration and specific descriptions please visit our online registration.
Like & Follow the Miller Center on Facebook to see some of the activities going on!
Miller Center Spaces for Rent
The Miller Center, conveniently located next door to Hunt Middle School and CP Smith Elementary School in Burlington’s new north end provides space for a variety of activities including:
- Gymnasium – 7,000 square foot regulation high school size basketball court with synthetic flooring, mobile bleachers with seating for 70, electronic scoreboard, retractable basketball hoops, gym divider and locker rooms with restrooms, showers and lockers, $60/hour
- Community Room – 1,800 square foot versatile space with state licensed kitchen (includes gas stove and oven, proofing oven, refrigerator, 3 bay sink and prep space as well as limited cookware and utensils. Cooking equipment is not ventilated so no oil-based cooking is allowed, carry-in, carry-out rentals only), overhead projector and screen, surround sound, tables and chairs, seating for up to 120, $50/hour
- Kids Room – Perfect for birthday parties and playgroups as well as small meetings, this room has sink and counter space, toys, cubbies and kid sized tables and chairs. Our Fletcher Free Library “Micro Library” is also housed in the Kids Room – feel free to borrow a book when you visit! Seating for up to 25, $30/hour
- Fitness Studio – Located off of the gym, the 1,100 square foot fitness room has wood floor, wall mirrors, music system and great natural light, capacity varies by activity, $40/hour
- Art Room – Also located adjacent to the gym, this classroom space offers counters, sink, tables and chairs for up to 30, $30/hour
- Conference Room – Located off the lobby with quiet, comfortable space with seating for up to 12, FREE
Reservations are subject to a two week cancellation policy. Reservations cancelled with less than 14 days notice will be billed at full price unless re-rented to another user. Payments of the rental fees are due in full at time of scheduling the reservation, unless otherwise agreed upon by Miller staff.
Email us to reserve space at the Miller Recreation Center.
Free Wi-Fi is made available by Burlington Telecom