Q: How far in advance should I reserve an overnight slip?
A: During our prime Summer months, we recommend reserving a slip at least one week in advance.
Q: What kinds of amenities do I get with an overnight slip?
A: Electricity and water are included with every slip, and showers are offered on site. Laundry facilities and a marine supply store are both a short walk from the Boathouse. Pumpouts are available at our service dock daily and free WiFi is available to our boaters. The Marina is host to a fantastic dockside restaurant, Splash.
Q: What time is Check In / Check Out?
A: Check In for a slip begins at noon, and Check Out is at 11:00am.
Q: Which VHF stations do you monitor?
A: The Boathouse can be reached on VHF channel 9, 74, or 79. Our predominant working channel is 74.
Q: How close is the Marina to downtown Burlington? What is in town?
A: We are very close to town, so close that we are considered in the central core region. We are the most centrally located Marina in Burlington Harbor. Directly 4 blocks up College Street is the center of town, where a lively pedestrian-only Church Street welcomes visitors and locals alike with top-notch restaurants, shopping and entertainment. There is a free shuttle that picks you up on the waterfront and runs the length of College Street – stopping at Church Street and the University of Vermont. In town is City Market, our locally owned Coop that is a fantastic market for boaters to pick up all the grocery essentials, as well as local cheese and produce, fantastic beer and wine selection and prepared foods.
Q: When do you close operations for the season?
A: We close on October 15th.
Q: Do you have a map of your slips/moorings
Safety & Courtesy
- Vessels shall not exceed 5 MPH nor leave a damaging wake while under way when operating within the Inner Harbor.
- Vessels shall not tie up in except in areas designated by the Dockmaster for that purpose.
- Motorists shall park automobiles and boat trailers only in areas designated for that purpose. Parking is on a first-come, first serve basis, and is not guaranteed.
- Vehicle parking space for slip and mooring holders are not reserved.
- There shall be no anchoring anywhere in the inner harbor. Boaters wishing to use a mooring need to check in with a Dockmaster for approval.
- All boaters are responsible for the condition and action of their vessel. Proceed with great caution in the Inner Harbor and take care while navigating, adhering to all State Boater Safety Laws.
Seasonal Boat Slips
Contact Burlington Parks and Recreation at (802) 865-3377 for seasonal boat slip information. We have two locations for seasonal dockage, the Boathouse and Perkins Pier, as well as a seasonal mooring field. Boat range is 14’ – 40’, special arrangements may be made for larger vessels.
Seasonal Dockage & Mooring Rates
Boathouse Dockage Rates ($97.00/ft./dock Resident, $112.00/ft./dock Non-Resident)
22’ Dock $2,134 $2,464
25’ Dock $2,425 $2,800
30’ Dock $2,910 $3,360
35’ Dock $3,395 $3,920
40’ Dock $3,880 $4,480
Perkins Pier Dockage Rates ($77.00/ft./dock Resident, $89.00/ft./dock Non-Resident)
20’ Dock $1,540 $1,783
22’ Dock $1,694 $1,958
24’ Dock $1,848 $2,136
26’ Dock $2,002 $2,314