The weather is getting warmer and perfect for heading to the parks and beaches!
As the busy summer season kicks off, we’d like to take a moment to remind everyone about the rules of the parks:
- Parks and beaches are open dawn to dusk.
- Dogs are allowed in the parks, but must be on a leash (except for designated off-leash areas and fenced in dog parks).
- At most beaches, there a NO lifeguards on duty. Swim at your own risk. Read more about some water safety tips.
- Please no glass in the parks. Broken bits are hazardous to people and pets.
- NO CAMPFIRES on the beaches or in parks. Please cook and roast marshmallows on any one of our BBQ grills in our parks. They’re available on a first-come basis.
- Tents and hammocks are not allowed. Sure, it’s great to swing in a peaceful hammock, but they can damage trees!
- Smoking is not permitted on any beach or in the parks.
You can refer to City ordinances 13-3 and 22-10 for more details. https://www.codepublishing.com/VT/Burlington/