With summer winding down and seasonal staff departing for school, we wanted to provide an update about the lifeguard hours at North Beach.
As part of the after-action plan compiled by Fire Chief Locke, we agreed to extend the lifeguard season through the last two weeks of August and the first two weekends in September. In past seasons, we have been unable to guard through all of August, typically with the week that is just ending was usually the first week where we had reduced hours, or lack of coverage.
This year, we are able to staff this additional week with guards. There will be a reduced amount of towers staffed and a smaller buoyed swim zone.
The schedule below is subject to change, due to limited staff.
- Aug 24 – 27: Two Towers with guarded swim zone, Regular time 11am – 6pm
- Aug 28: First Aid Station Monitored, Two Guards on site from 11am – 6pm
- Aug 29 – September 3: Two Towers with guarded swim zone, Regular time 11am – 6pm
- Sept 4 – 6: First Aid Station, One Guard, 11am – 6pm
- Sept 7 – 9: Two Towers with guarded swim zone, Regular time 11am – 6pm
- Sept 9 : will be the last guarded day at North Beach for the season