- This event has passed.
May 6 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Come join our 32nd Annual Kids Day celebration of kids!
It’s our celebration of kids, for kids! The day kicks off at 9:30 am with a parade down Main Street and continues to Waterfront Park, where kids can enjoy performances, do crafts, play games, and meet animals.
Children can join in the parade, watch performances, do crafts, and play games. The event begins with a parade at 9:30 am at Edmunds School, and continues down Main Street into Waterfront Park. There will be floats and marchers – come watch your friends and join in!
From there we head to Waterfront Park, where there are a whole host of fun activities – everything from riding in a bucket truck to petting animals to making a terrarium! There will also be fun train rides available multiple times throughout the day. Our activities tent will be filled with kids crafts and interesting information from businesses that YOU want to know about!
So Much Fun for Everyone!
- GREEN MOUNTAIN TRANSIT – Interactive activity.
- RECYCLE ART – Recycled art projects of all kinds.
- UVM CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – Interactive activity.
- 4-H UVM EXTENSION – Teen ambassadors will introduce kids to 4-H through fun, hands-on animal crafts.
- GIRLS SCOUTS OF GREEN & WHITE MOUNTAINS – Come take the lead, like a Girl Scout, and enjoy some fun activities.
- FARM FRESH FOODS FOR HEALTHY KIDS – Making veggies more fun and accessible for families!
- CARSHARE VERMONT – A local non-profit that offers an easy and affordable alternative to owning a car.
- CLIF – will show much fun reading and writing can be with magnetic poetry.
- SOMMERS CHIROPRACTIC – Bringing health and healing to your family through specific scientific chiropractic care.
- COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS OF BURLINGTON – Games and toothbrush giveaways.
- PRICE CHOPPER – Come make macaroni necklaces with us!
- BURLINGTON PARKS, RECREATION & WATERFRONT – Make a button and learn about our summer offerings.
- BURLINGTON FREE PRESS – Learn about BFP to make the most informed decisions for your home.
- BURLINGTON PARTNERSHIP FOR A HEALTHY COMMUNITY – Interactive activity.
- LAKE CHAMPLAIN MARITIME MUSEUM – Interactive activity.
- FLETCHER FREE LIBRARY – Hungry for food and summer learning? Visit with us!
- HUNGER FREE VERMONT- Learn about summer meals with Hunger Free Vermont!
- SPARK YOUTH YOGA – Learn all about how fun yoga is!
On Site Activities:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Face Painting and Smoothie Bike
- Local 22/44 Weather Station
- KidsVT Activities
- WOKO & KOOL 105 broadcasting and giveaways
- Linda Peck Balloons and Entertainment
- Big Blue Trunk Games and Train Rides
- Thomas P. Clairmont Homerun Derby
- Vermont Reindeer Farm Petting Zoo
- Hyperfocus Face Painting
- Mermaid Dalni
- Vermont Renaissance Faire demos
- SCA Shire of Mountain Freehold demos
- 802 Reptiles
- CSWD Terrarium Making
- Northern Lights Rock and Ice Climbing Wall
- Green Mountain Henna
- Greater Burlington YMCA balloons and fun
- Scooter’s Souvenirs
- Local Motion Helmet Decoration Station
- Old Spokes Home Cargo Bike Demos
- US Tennis Association VT
- Young Tradition Instrument Petting Zoo
- Burlington Electric Department bucket truck rides
- Burlington Fire Department Touch-a-truck
- Sun Common Bounce House
- The Barn School Fairy House Making
- Various Food Vendors
10:30 AM – GYMKIDS ACADEMY CHEERLEADING
Come and watch the acrobatics of the cheerleaders of GymKids – they’ll jump, twist, spin and split!
11AM – SPARK YOUTH YOGA
Join Kate Hudspeth at 11 am and 11:30 am for youth yoga classes! Learn all of the basics and get your stretch on. Appropriate for kids of all ages, mats are provided.
12PM – ROBERT RESNIK AND GIGI WEISMAN
Kid’s Day favorites Robert Resnik and Gigi Weisman have been playing music together for kids and their families for almost 20 years! They specialize in silly songs and amazing sound effects…please come prepared to quack and moo along to the music!
1PM – BURLINGTON KIDS AFRICAN DRUMMING
Come watch Burlington afterschool kids jam out with traditional African drumming!
2PM – LINDA PECK
In between interludes with her musical saw, Linda tangles her way into a picture frame, extracting zany props from her suitcase, parasols, fans, rings, boxes as audiences are quite curious about what she will produce next. Her whimsical, physical theatre ,tells a silent story of human foibles, as she designs a world of wonder, interacting with audience members of all ages.
Can there be a better way to celebrate Burlington’s Kids Day than with a train ride? Climb on board one of four 45-minute roundtrip
train rides! This train departs from Union Station in Burlington and goes to Shelburne and back.
Adults: $10.00 Kids: FREE!
Trips are at 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM and 2:30 PM.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
For those interested in joining the parade or hosting a table in the activities tent, contact Emma at email@example.com. We are always looking for more new and fun participants! Call (802)881-7767 if you have any questions.
This event is proudly produced by Burlington Parks, Recreation and Waterfront!