Green Up Day
May 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vermont’s Annual Green Up Day
Green Up Day will be held on Saturday, May 1st, 2021. Join us for this much-loved, spring clean-up tradition that activates thousands of Vermonters to get involved in their communities in picking up roadside litter. Last year, together, we picked up 421 tons of trash and over 9,000 tires! Keeping our environment clean is good for our health, good for businesses, and good for our property values. Together we build pride in our cities and towns and teach our youth about powerful civic engagement that affects climate change. Year-round we work to build awareness, generate stewardship and share the positive environmental actions of our partners. Get involved today!
Mark your calendars for Green Up Day 2021 on May 1st! 51 Years Strong!
Do you have a group ready to participate and want a little support from BPRW? Fill out this form and we’ll get in touch!
Don’t forget to take a photo and tag #togetherwecan #greenupvermont #CleanBPRW
Bag Pick Up Locations
Bags will be available from 4/19-5/1 at the following locations
- Miller Recreation Center (Gosse Ct)
- 645 Pine Street
- City Hall
- Old Spokes Home
- Burlington Subaru
Remember to follow all COVID safety requirements when entering buildings!
How It Works
Get a bag, and head outside to gather trash along the public right of ways, greenbelts, parks. Only official Green Up Day bags can be used. Household trash, bulk items or clean recyclables will not be collected. Full bags can be left on major arteries for pick up by City trucks, or in the parks (preferably near a trash can) for Parks staff to pick up.
Green Up Vermont also has an app to help you organize a team, track your progress, find supplies and get all the information you need to help make Green Up Day a success.
The new Green Up Day app was an all-volunteer achievement created for the Green Up Vermont nonprofit and built by Code for BTV and powered by dozens of members.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & ONLINE INFO:
- PLEASE WEAR GLOVES. If you find any hazardous items, please let us know using the See. Click. Fix app.
- With Covid-19, please use logical precautions and stay informed on what the Vermont Dept. of Health is recommending. Wear a mask. Keep social distancing.
- Be prepared for the weather and wear appropriate clothing.
- Check yourself for ticks at the end of the day.
- Watch for traffic – face oncoming traffic; wear light or bright colored clothes that will help improve your visibility to drivers.
Visit www.greenupvermont.org for information on safety.