- This event has passed.
Green Up Day
May 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Vermont’s Annual Green Up Day
Green Up Day is a statewide event and movement bringing together community members to clean up the State’s parks, streets, and neighborhoods.
This year marks the 50th anniversary! Thank you to all who get out and Green Up to keep our state looking beautiful as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of Green Up Day.
Don’t forget, an easy way to support Green Up Vermont is on line 23 of your Vermont Tax Form.
Bag Pick up locations:
Bags will be available from 5/26 – 5/30 at the following locations during their regular business hours:
- City Market South End
- Jake’s Market in the Old North End
- Old Spokes Home
- Burlington Subaru
How It Works:
Get a bag, and head outside to gather trash along the public right of ways, greenbelts, parks. Only official Green Up Day bags can be used. Household trash, bulk items or recyclables will not be collected. Full bags can be left on major arteries for pick up by City trucks, or in the parks (preferably near a trash can) for Parks staff to pick up. Green Up Vermont also has an app to help you organize a team, track your progress, find supplies and get all the information you need to help make Green Up Day a success.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & ONLINE INFO:
- PLEASE WEAR GLOVES. If you find any hazardous items, please let us know using the See. Click. Fix app.
- With Covid-19, please use logical precautions and stay informed on what the Vermont Dept. of Health is recommending or go to the City’s web page burlingtonvt.gov/covid-19.
- Be prepared for sun and heat – wear a hat and bring plenty of drinking water.
- Check yourself for ticks at the end of the day.
- Watch for traffic – face oncoming traffic; wear light or bright colored clothes that will help improve your visibility to drivers.
Visit www.greenupvermont.org for information on safety, ways to communicate, and other fun information.