Summer 2020 Detour
A southern section of the Path will remain closed to traffic through the summer. Tentatively we expect to open some short sections in the later summer and fall, but travel down the Path over the Barge Canal portion will not be possible until later this fall, at the earliest.
- Perkins Pier to Roundhouse Park: re-opened August!
- Roundhouse Park to Barge Canal: estimated re-opening November
- Barge Canal to Lakeside Ave: closing Mid-Sept through November
- Lakeside Avenue to Harrison: closing Late August to November
- Proctor Place to Flynn Ave: closing Early Sept to November
Additional Path Closures:
- Access to the HULA property from Lakeside and Harrison will be closed starting Sept 8, to begin work on the bike path
- Railway realignment between College and King will begin 8/24. We expect a full closure of that section by 8/31 for the duration of that project- projected until late fall 2021.
Starr Farm Dog Park
Contractor has had a delay in material delivery and will be looking to start the project on 8/24.
Leddy Tennis Courts Reconstruction
Contractor will arrive on site 8/17 and begin the demolition of the court fencing. Courts will be closed from this point on until the reconstruction is complete in early October.
Contractor will begin resurfacing work 8/17, weather permitting. Courts will be closed for 5-6 days while they cracks are patched and new paint is applied.