Spending a summer day at the beach rules! But there are rules.
Every summer, hundreds of people flock to to the beaches along Lake Champlain. While we want you have fun hanging out with family and friends, we also hope you’ll follow the rules that keep everyone safe and the lake healthy.
- We ask that you use plastic bottles or cans. Keep glass out of our parks, since broken glass can be hazardous.
- Dogs are NOT allowed on any city beach or picnic area, and must be leashed at all times, except in designated dog park areas.
- No smoking in any playground, shelter, beach, bleacher or athletic field.
- Dispose of litter properly. Help keep garbage out of the lake and off the beach sand.
- Children under age 8 must have adult supervision.
- Please observe and follow all posted signs, including beach closures.
Current beach openings & closing will be posted online here.
Follow us on Twitter for immediate updates.
The complete list of City Ordinances can be found online
There are lots of them! Relevant ordinances for our Parks, Waterfront & Cemeteries include:
- Chapter 22: PARKS
- APPENDIX D: RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE BURLINGTON PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
- Chapter 9: CEMETERIES
- Chapter 6: BICYCLES
- Chapter 29: VEGETATION